.

Welcome to my Blog

Here I post about fancy costumes, shows, and fun things.
Please visit www.jvonstratton.com for full site.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Leigh of another kind

Leigh Bowery was most noted for his outrageous outfits in London during the mid 80's and early 90's. I first heard of him when I saw the documentary WigStock. Here, this heavy-set obscurely masked drag queen lip lynched through a song, jumping and dancing while at it. Then 3/4th the way through he lays on a table set in the center of the stage...and births out a grown woman in a nude body suit.

I was floored. Who is this? What is this? And WTF?

He was a massive presence. And outrageous personality. An innovative costumer. Grotesque. Bizarre. Outlandish. FABULOUS!







My homage to Leigh:

No comments:

Post a Comment